A Historic East Hampton Estate Owned by the Same Family Since 1880 Seeks Almost $7M

One of the largest parcels in East Hampton’s Springs enclave has come to the market, owned by the same family since 1880. Now, offering the rare chance for another to pass it down through the generations, the 10.89-acre historic estate is asking $6.79 million.

The East Hampton spot belongs to the Parsons family and is known as the Julius Parsons Residence. The Victorian-era farmhouse was built for Julius Parsons, a seventh-generation Parsons who then owned the Springs General Store just across the street. Julius’ granddaughter, Mary Louise Edwards Dodge, lived on the property until she passed away in 2008, and now his great-grandsons are the sellers.

Both the house and the pastoral land around it is steeped in history, truly a once in a lifetime opportunity to own a portion of Springs history. Originally owned and operated as a farm that housed horses, cows, chickens and pigs, it was completely self-sufficient. The Parsons family also traded closely with the Gardiners family of Gardiner’s Island, just a short trip across the bay.

At the main house, the 2,800-square-foot layout starts with a beautiful entry porch. Historic charm carries through the home, from its quaint farmhouse door to its aged wood floors to its rich mahogany staircase. The house holds six bedrooms and two bathrooms, as well as an additional barn, studio, and .96-acre buildable lot to expand upon.

Ready to switch hands from one family for the first time in 142 years, this listing and transaction will be a momentous East Hampton occasion. Zacheriah Dayton and Jenny Landey of Sotheby’s International Realty hold the listing.