Assistant Art Director
C&G Media Group is looking for our next Assistant Art Director.
Assistant Art Director
Location: Norwalk, Connecticut (Hybrid workplace WFH and office meetings)
Position Type: Full Time
About Our Company: C&G Media Group delivers the finest regional design magazines to residents of America’s most affluent communities. The company’s three titles, CTC&G (Connecticut Cottages & Gardens), HC&G (Hamptons Cottages & Gardens), and NYC&G (New York Cottages & Gardens) represent the very best in architecture, design, art and antiques, real estate, and entertaining to a highly influential regional readership.
C&G Media Group is looking for someone who:
- supports the Design Director and Associate Art Director with a variety of administrative and design tasks.
- can ensure the efficient and high-quality execution of our multiple print publications.
- learn from start to finish how a media company produces multiple print publications, events and other special projects from within the editorial department.
- who sees the job as an exciting opportunity to learn our practice and apply their design and administrative skills.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Designing a specific set of editorial pages for every issue.
- Maintaining and updating running list of editorial projects in house.
- Creating photography contracts and seeing them through completion by communicating with freelance photographers and designers.
- Maintaining database of photography contracts and other forms.
- Reviewing submitted photography to confirm it is to print standards
- Researching stock photography for various uses.
- Assist the Design Director in preparing artwork for submission to a third-party color corrector
- Coordinating with outside writers, photographers and designers regularly to collect assets for various editorial projects.
- Creating branded files of finished editorial projects for distribution in multiple formats.
- Act as liaison between departments when materials need to be shared.
Applicants should have the following:
- Strong interest in magazine design
- Must provide portfolio of design work
- Strong organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail
- Self-starter who takes initiative
- Possess a proactive and independent approach to work
- Ability to juggle priorities in a deadlines-driven, fast-paced environment
- An upbeat and enthusiastic disposition
- Sense of urgency and high energy
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Proficiency with Adobe InDesign, Acrobat, Photoshop, and Illustrator as well as Microsoft Word and Excel
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or related field of study
Dental, Vision, Health etc.
Please submit resume and cover letter to cabrams@@candg.com