Digital Media Job
Editorial Web Assistant
Norwalk, CT USA
About Our Company:
C&G Media Group delivers the finest regional design magazines to residents of America’s most affluent communities. The company’s three titles, CTC&G (Connecticut Cottages & Gardens), HC&G (Hamptons Cottages & Gardens), and NYC&G (New York Cottages & Gardens) represent the very best in architecture, design, art and antiques, real estate, and entertaining to a highly influential regional readership.
Job Requirements or Qualifications Responsibilities:
- Has 1-2 years experience working for a digital editorial publication.
- Has a Bachelor’s degree, preferably with an emphasis in Marketing or Journalism.
- Demonstrates excellent writing, line-editing and proofreading skills.
- Has experience in a CMS like WordPress, Drupal or Squarespace.
- Is fluent in social media and can schedule, create and execute daily posts on Instagram (Insta-Stories guru a plus!), Facebook and Pinterest as well as report analytics.
- Is comfortable working with videos and the YouTube platform.
- Has basic knowledge of HTML and the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Is comfortable working in an office or home and has basic office skills and ability to work in Office 365.
- Is self-motivated with the skills of a reporter.
- Will write 5-7 posts per week on luxury/celebrity real estate news.
- Will be responsible for programming the site 3 to 5 times daily and converting articles from print to SEO-friendly web articles.
- Has familiarity with writing email campaigns and creating Mailchimp analytic reports and is able to write 1 newsletter per week..
- Can attend company events after normal work hours and provide social coverage.
- Has the ability to track web analytics and pull stats in Google Analytics.
- Is detail oriented and has excellent administrative skills.
- Has an understanding of digital trends.
- Works well under tight deadlines and is a multi-talker ready to shift gears at any moment.
- Can maintain a daily Production schedule and assist in scheduling and maintaining the editorial calendar.
Familiarity with project management tools.
- Has an understanding of SEO best practices.
- Will be a liaison between editorial, production, design, marketing, publicity and sales department.
- Will initiate and respond to requests from PR reps.
- Is interested in learning, adapting to, and providing feedback on online features, tools, resources, and website enhancements.
- Has proofreading skills and is laser focused on the how text and images work together on the web.
- Has the goal of creating original content for the web and wants to get a byline on the site.
- An upbeat and enthusiastic disposition
- Goal driven and achievement oriented
- Sense of urgency and high energy
- Planning and organizing skills with excellent follow-up
- Strong verbal and written communication
Dental, Vision, Health etc.
Please submit materials to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.