Cutting Edge Objects to Buy and Love
April's must-haves for the design obsessed shopper
1. Smeg’s 50s-style retro FAB28U is truly iconic. Available in a variety of colors and designs from cream to green. Famous worldwide, it enlivens any environment – $1,999. SMEG USA Inc. I 212.265.5378.
2. Santa barbara umbrella celebrates American classics this spring with an all-new Paseo Hexagonal umbrella, shown in a Regatta Navy Stripe canopy with mirror polish stainless steel frame. Available in more than 100 color combinations. Santa Barbara Umbrella I 800.919.9464.
3. Vintage Gilbert Poillerat style mirror with a polychrome painted and gilt iron frame. A rare, chic version of an iconic masterpiece of French mid-century design. 59.5” H 31.75” W 1.5” D. ACROTERION I 917.656.5863.
4. The Santa Cruz county textile design house who made outdoor fabrics fashionable, offers bold, bright colors, subdued sophisticates and pretty patterns for virtually any outdoor setting this spring. To the Trade. Nomi Fabrics I 831.728.4335.
5. Les Annes Cabinet. This magnificent Rosewood Cabinet with Sunburst doors and Venetian Silver metal base is one of the many new items just introduced by the talented designer and manufacturer. Standard dimensions; 48” x 20” x 76”, Venetian Silver hardware included, custom sizes and finishes available. Price upon request. Available at showrooms nationwide. Nancy Corzine I 310.672.6775.
6. Park Avenue Planters. Long, low and lean, this new window box and rectangular planter was designed to work well in front of parapet walls, creating beautiful linear garden plantings on any terrace or balcony. Custom sizes also available. Window Box: 14”h x 38”w x 16.75”d, Rectangular: 18”h x 60”w x 16.5”d. Pennoyer Newman I 212.839.0500.