Cutting Edge Objects to Buy and Love
May's must-haves for the design obsessed shopper
1. SANTA BARBARA UMBRELLA celebrates American classics this spring with an all-new Paseo Hexagonal umbrella, shown in a Regatta Navy Stripe canopy with mirror polish stainless steel frame. Available in more than 100 color combinations. Santa Barbara Umbrella I 800.919.9464.
2. The dazzle is in the details of this statement piece that delivers dramatic impact to any interior. Utilizing techniques passed down from generation to generation, skilled artisans have mouth-blown this exquisite glass pendant light. Each Juliska pendant comes with 6’ of chrome chain and uses one 120-watt bulb. (12”W x 10 .5”T). $750. Juliska Flagship Store I 203.316.9118.
3. With state-of-the-art equipment and automated systems, your Wagner Pool will provide you with enduring beauty and a carefree environment. Wagner Pools I 203.655.0766.
4. Barlow tyrie Laura Kirar for Barlow Tyrie, her Tête à tête daybed in hand-woven resin material is designed with two in mind. Available in Driftwood color (shown) or Java Brown. From $5,200. Barlow Tyrie I 800.451.7467.
5. Nomi Fabrics The Santa Cruz county textile design house who made outdoor fabrics fashionable unveils FINES LIGNES (Fine Lines), a trilogy of stripes, pleats and solids for outdoor and indoor use. To the Trade. Nomi Fabrics I 831.728.4335.
6. Susan Frei Nathan Fine Works on Paper From “The Magnified Eye II: Contemporary Botanical Portraiture” presented by Diane Birdsall Gallery and Susan Frei Nathan Fine Works on Paper. May 1 – June 15 in Old Lyme, Ct. Lara Call Gastinger, “Winterbor Kale”, watercolor on paper, 15” x 15”, $5,000. Susan Frei Nathan Fine Works on Paper I 860.434.3209.
7. These Modern Shaped Bowls were recreated from English-cast stone vessels and make wonderful groupings on terraces, patios and garden tabletops. Made of marble, rock and resin, they are lightweight and weather resistant, and available in three sizes: small 9.5”h x 18”w ($220), medium 11”h x 21”w ($320), large 12”h x 24”w ($480). Made in New York City. Pennoyer Newman I 212.839.0500.
8. Doris Leslie Blau Samarkand Antique Rug. Circa 1900. 9’4’’ x 5’. $25,000. BB4399. A dusty rose field with a trellis overall of angular vinery and abstract flower heads. Doris Leslie Blau I 212.586.5511.