Deeds & Don'ts: A-List Bay Area Brokers
To navigate the incredibly competitive Bay Area real estate market, you need the finest minds in the business. So the Luxury Marketing Council convened a real estate roundtable with nine power brokers from the city’s top firms, moderated by Luxury Marketing Council Chairman Alf Nucifora. With the input of these leaders in their field, we identified the attributes of the best-in-breed broker. Here are the Top 10 things to look for when interviewing potential agents:
1. Experience: Hands-on, in-depth knowledge of the neighborhood and overall market. Can they provide context?
2. Demographic Understanding: Do they understand your needs? Are you a young couple looking for a first house or a boomer looking to downsize to an urban condo?
3. Technology: Does the firm use digital media to extend their reach? Do they have a mobile website, an app, etc?
4. Promotion: Are they firing on all media cylinders? Do they market via social media, a fabulous website, great photography, video and print?
5. Network: Are they extremely well-connected? With the current lack of inventory, could they find you an off-market property before it’s listed?
6. Research: Do they come prepared? Do they make information actionable?
7. Service: Do they fire back a text or email immediately upon getting yours? Are they supportive, informative, efficient and helpful?
8. Resources: Can they connect you with the best architects, interior designers, stagers, and beyond?
9. Passion: Do they love what they do? Are they driven to find you your dream home and to work for the very best deal?
10. And personality: Do you enjoy meeting with them? Is there good chemistry? Could you see building a relationship for the long term?
Around the Table
Santa Rosa, 800-681-1361
San Francisco, 415-229-1374
Zephyr Real Estate
San Francisco 415-674-6500
Menlo Park, 650-543-1175
Pacific Union International
San Francisco, 415-345-3022
San Francisco, 415-928-3800
Hill & Co.
San Francisco 415-321-4315
San Francisco, 415-321-4315
San Francisco 415-738-7010
A version of this article appeared in the May 2015 issue of San Francisco Cottages & Gardens with the headline: A-List Bay Area Brokers.