New and Notable Design Objects from the Hamptons and Beyond: Natural Instincts
1. Feathering your nest this summer? Let some festive fauna be your guide, such as the bright metallic pink bird that’s alighted on this linen throw pillow. Getting back to nature was never so much fun. $95, at Clic General Store, 60 Newtown Ln., East Hampton, 631-527-7102.
2. Busy bees will be buzzing over this canvas block-print tote bag, ideal for shopping excursions and lazy days at the beach. $140, at Fishers Home Furnishings, 144 Main St., Sag Harbor, 631-725-0006.
3. Equal parts refined and whimsical, this beaded mother-of-pearl butterfly chandelier comes in a faux gold or silver finish. $1,700 (small), $2,700 (large), at Mecox, 257 County Rd. 39A, Southampton, 631-287-5015.
4. Get a flying start on summer get-togethers with this brass bird bottle opener from Aerin. Your guests will chirp with delight. $175, at Aerin, 83 Main St., Southampton, 631-353-3773.
5. Set your drinks on these Sea Life porcelain coasters, which glisten from afar like treasures from the deep. $48 for a set of 4, at C. Wonder, 5 Main St., Southampton, 631-287-2645.
6. The embroidered natural linen Spider and Ladybug pillow by Klaus Haapaniemi brings a cool shimmer to hot summer days. $158, at Tiina the Store, 216 Main St., Amagansett, 631-267-6200.
1. Incorporating vintage animal renderings, Samantha J Lowe’s hand-decoupaged votive candleholders will brighten up any occasion. $48 each, at Calypso St. Barth, 21 Newtown Ln., East Hampton, 631-329-0033.
2. From designer Laura Kirar’s collection for Arteriors, these chic catchalls feature a mouth-blown glass bird atop an ivory lacquered box. $265 (small), $315 (large), at Rumrunner Home, 330 Montauk Hwy., Wainscott, 631-725-1379.
3. Decked out in multicolored rhinestones, Wainscott-based designer Kim Seybert’s Shoo Fly napkin rings will dress up your table and never spoil the soup. $174 for a set of 4, at Silver Spoons, 135 Main St., Westhampton Beach, 718-372-4362.
4. Don’t be a turtle: Race over to Elizabeth Dow’s new shop to score some of the designer’s block-printed batik indigo turtle wallpaper. Price upon request, at Elizabeth Dow Ltd., 14 Gingerbread Ln., East Hampton, 631-267-3401.
5. Celebrate nature’s true beauty with this exuberant, colorful hand-painted cotton accent pillow. $169, at Ethan Allen, 1054 Montauk Hwy., Water Mill, 631-726-4652.
A version of this article appeared in the July 1, 2014 issue of Hamptons Cottages & Gardens with the headline: Summer Stock.